Messengers of His Love

on October 1, 2014

I’ve never had a great quantity of friends, but God has certainly blessed me with quality.  I am so grateful for sisters in Christ, whom God has brought into my life when I needed to hear:

Don’t give up.
You can do this, and all things.
Jesus really does love you and won’t let you go.
I love you.

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing. 1 Thessalonians 5:11

image credit: microsoft.com

When you look back, do you see the people God brought you at just the right times?

27 responses to “Messengers of His Love

1. Rebekah Postupak says:

Yes. You. ❤ Grateful every day.

2. inspiredbyjune says:

Amen, Susan!

3. Ceil says:

Hi There! I am your neighbor at Thought Provoking Thursdays.
    Oh my yes, I know that God has blessed me with really good friends who will listen and hold my hand..and love me through my hard times. Even having one person who will lift you up is a great source of courage don’t you think?
    Blessings!
    Ceil

4. meriak says:

Oh yes — just the right people at the right time. Some of my teachers have not brought fun lessons, but necessary ones. Others are there to lift me up and inspire. Well said!

5. Kathryn Shirey says:

I love how God does that – just the right people at the right time.

6. Barbie says:

Thanks for linking up with The Weekend Brew. I too have a smaller community of friends but am so thankful for each and every one of them. My life is richer because of them.

7. aljung72 says:

Oh yes I do…God has been so good to bring me quality special friends at just the right time. I’m so thankful for that and I’m thankful that you reminded me of that today!

8. Amen! How important that blessed encouragement is, and God seems to provide it just when we need it. So glad I’m your neighbor at Testimony Tuesday! Blessings!

9. Amen, sister! This is exactly what I was talking about over at Messy Marriage today, Susan. You, too, know the blessing that comes from the accountability and encouragement our friends provide for us. Thanks so much for sharing this short but profound truth with us, my friend!

10. artmusedog says:

Very loving photo and post ~ Adorable!

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

11. Honestly right now I feel like I only have family and my fiance, plus online friends. Why is it so hard to find true friends 😦

Hi Stefanie. I know that for me, one of the (probably many 🙂 ) reasons is that I am very private and reserved. But I have to say that being close to your family and having your fiance also be your friend is not a bad place to be! Not everyone has that. You have a lot of wisdom to share (I enjoyed reading your blog) and I pray that He will lead you to just the right sisters at just the right time. ❤

12. Ann says:

Yep. I feel the same way. A couple of my best friends I’ve had for decades. Others kind of come and go, but it’s true. For the most part, they show up to encourage and support, just when I needed someone. I’ve been told that I also have the gift of encouragement. To bless and be blessed!

13. Beautiful post! Thanks so much for linking up with us at the #homematters linky party! We hope to see you again this coming Wednesday!