Hide-the-Word Wednesday: He Never Sleeps

on October 16, 2013

Sometimes I can be quite the news junkie, especially when it comes to politics.  For some reason–maybe it’s growing up in Washington, DC, suburbs, or having parents who were always up on the latest current events–I actually enjoy listening to the pundits pontificate on the Sunday talk shows. (On Sunday afternoons, C-SPAN radio re-airs the programs from the four major networks. Sounds like a party, right??) Over the past few weeks, the pontification has taken on real significance, as friends and neighbors have been affected by the partial shutdown of the Federal government.  Though my family has not experienced a direct impact, we could have if the shutdown had gone on longer.  It’s a good time to remember where I should place my trust–not in man, and not in markets, but in the One who never shuts down.

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains; from where shall my help come? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber.  Behold, He who keeps Israel  will neither slumber nor sleep.  Psalm 121:1-4

image credit: hdwallpapersinn.com

When the world around you seems out of control, what verses remind you of God’s faithfulness?

13 responses to “Hide-the-Word Wednesday: He Never Sleeps

1. I am stuck on Ephesians 3:14-18 right now and loving the NLT version…hope it’s okay I share it in its entirety! I love the way it phrases it! “When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father,the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is.” Blessings! ♥

I don’t mind at all! Especially this part: “that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him.” May it be! Thanks so much for stopping by.

2. Simply Beth says:

I just love this reminder! Thank you so much for sharing and linking up for Three Words Wednesday. Blessings to you.

3. harmarwa says:

The One who never shuts down doesn’t let me shut down either. Isaiah 41:10 “I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

4. Mia says:

Yes, there is a verse in I think Isaiah 31 that says that what sorrow awaits the man who looks to Egypt for help and trust in their horses and chariots. I would rather trust in the One who own everything than the economy of the world!
    Blessings XX
    Mia

5. Barbie says:

This is one of my favorite scriptures. Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew!

6. Marty says:

I think Christians should take an active role in politics but sadly I think most do so without this verse as a cornerstone…God alone is our help ~ not a more conservative government. Our trust and faith in that Truth should guide how we conduct ourselves in political situations.
    Lovely image!

Thanks for the comment Marty! You’ve reminded me that believers are to pray for our leaders (1 Timothy 2:2) (even when we don’t agree with them!) “so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” It is something I could do much more of. 🙂

7. melcaldicott says:

Amazing verse to remind us of here! Great is Your Faithfulness!
    Thanks for linking up at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings