Hide-the-Word Wednesday: For the Weary

on September 4, 2013

Some days I jump out of bed ready to go, and other days I need a boost.  Actually, I don’t know that I ever jump out of bed. But today I find much-needed motivation in Paul’s letter to the Galatians.

Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.

image source: wallpaper.si

Where do you go in God’s Word when you need some oomph?

15 responses to “Hide-the-Word Wednesday: For the Weary

1. Linda says:

I remind myself that the Proverbs 31 wife was up early and was not lazy. I love proverbs 31!
    Linda

And she sets about her work “vigorously.” No slouching there! 🙂 She is a beautiful model to emulate, and God gives us the strength to do it. Thanks for stopping by Linda!

2. Cherry says:

Linking up after you at Faith-Filled Friday – these are such good words to remind ourselves of. Thanks for sharing them. It has been an extra busy season in our lives right now, and I like this reminder to keep on, and to depend on God for the harvest. In His time.

3. Stacy Voss says:

I’ve heard the passage so many times before, but the picture coupled with your words just made it so much more powerful. Thank you!

4. You’re my neighbor at the TGIF Bible Love Notes link-up. This verse is an excellent reminder. This verse in Galatians has been a recent favorite of mine, along with Isaiah 40:31’s promise that if we wait on the Lord, our strength will be renewed. 🙂

5. melcaldicott says:

Love the way God has spoken to you here!
    Thanks for sharing at Essential Fridays.
    Blessings
    Mel from Essential Thing Devotions

6. joanneviola says:

Beautiful imagery! My go to is Psalm 73:26, “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” I was your neighbor this morning at Bible Love Notes.
    Have a great Saturday,
    Joanne

7. Barbie says:

I always find hope and comfort in the Psalms! Thank you for sharing at The Weekend Brew!

8. Simply Beth says:

Beautiful combination of photo and scripture! Visiting from Barbie’s. If you don’t mind me sharing…I do a weekly link up called Three Word Wednesday. Would love for you to consider joining in. (You had three words with this post…For the weary.) Wishing you a beautiful week.

9. Love that Bible verse – that is one of the ones I go to for encouragement. i feel like God’s Word in general just gives me some much needed oomph. It helps me remember what life is about and see life from a biblical perspective, which is much more energizing than when I’m looking at it from a cultural perspective!