Hide-the-Word Wednesday: Forgiveness

on August 21, 2013

On Saturday, I shared that my husband and I have had to admit mistakes and confess resentments related to financial issues.

Sometimes forgiveness feels impossible.

Until we consider how much God has forgiven us.

image credit: commons.wikimedia.org

What verses soften your heart, and help you to say, “I forgive you?”

9 responses to “Hide-the-Word Wednesday: Forgiveness

1. Hi there! I am coming over from Winsome Wednesdays.

I like the one from St. Paul about being transformed by a renewal of your minds. When I get upset, I need some mind-renewal! I have to see my husband, or whoever it is, in a new light. And respect what they are saying too.

Nice to meet you today!
    Ceil

2. harmarwa says:

Forgiveness is easier when we only have one thing in mind:

1 Corinthians 2:2 For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

That, and verses 4-5, is one of my prayers for this blog: that any message here would not be based on my own “wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power.” Thank you for sharing!

3. Pouring Down Like Rain says:

Hi, linking from Thriving Thursday. I believe each time we forgive someone, we grow one step closer to Jesus. It does open our mind/capacity to agape love and leaves the judging to God. We are all walking down this path to salvation…it is a much easier road when we walk it together.

4. wisdom4wives says:

So true. And the flip side of that is, when we *don’t* forgive, that affects our fellowship with Jesus, too (Mark 11:25). We need to encourage each other on the journey. Thanks for visiting and encouraging me!

5. Rebekah Postupak says:

Philippians 2:3. I keep checking, but that verse STILL says my husband is better than I am. So it must be true (sigh), which makes it rather impossible not to forgive.

That verse is so challenging! (To anyone struggling with pride, I mean.) “Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself.” And just to be sure, I looked it up in the Greek. It means “better.” No way around it! 🙂

6. […] All You Have to do is Listen7. LaughingLady8. Forgiveness9. Triplets of Faith: 3 True Gospels10. […]